Join us on a journey like no other, our fully equipped 4WD all-terrain vehicle can handle any conditions. Spend the morning on The Old Gold Trail to discover Central Otago’s rich history. Your driver guide will take you in the footsteps of the original pioneers where you can get your hands on some real Otago gold.
Our GPS headsets have in depth commentary and will provide you with stories hundreds of years old from early settlers and teach you about historic farming from this area.
Sit back and relax as you drive through the Central Otago wine region and pass the famous Kawarau Gorge. Be transported to a different time and place with your themed headsets available in English, Spanish and Mandarin. themed GPS headsets will bring your experience to life.
🇬🇧 Listen to a sample of our Audio Commentary
Historic Arrowtown, Kawarau Gorge, Gold Mining Centre,
8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours)
- Experience historic gold machinery working in action
- Touch & feel real gold from the Shotover River
- Accommodation Pickup & Drop Off
- Informative Driver commentary
- Multilingual* GPS themed commentary with individual headsets
- Travel through award winning wine country
- Visit old gold town Of Arrowtown
- Hear the untold stories of gold mining history in this area
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Morning tea provided
- Multilingual = English, Spanish & Mandarin