Join us on a journey like no other, our fully equipped 4WD all-terrain vehicle can handle any conditions. Spend the morning on The Old Gold Trail to discover Central Otago’s rich history. Your driver will take you off road along rugged 4WD farm tracks to a traditional high country New Zealand farm. As you climb up the mountains, you will see stunning sights of Lake Dunstan. Our GPS headsets have in depth commentary and will provide you with stories hundreds of years old from early settlers and teach you about historic farming from this area.
Sit back and relax as you drive through the Central Otago wine region and pass the Kawarau Gorge on your way to Old Cromwell Town. Wander the historic streets as the town is bought to life with your themed headsets available in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
A walk through Old Cromwell Town, themed GPS headsets bring the town back to life.
Listen Here: The-Old-Gold-Trail-Central-Otago2.mp3
Arrowtown, Cromwell, Bannockburn
8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours)
- Accommodation Pickup
- Driver commentary
- Multilingual* GPS themed commentary with individual headsets
- 100 year old working farm station visit
- Travel through award winning wine country
- Kawarau Gorge scenic drive
- Visit old gold towns Of Arrowtown and Old Cromwell Town
- Hear the untold stories of gold mining history in this area
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Morning tea provided
- Multilingual = English, Spanish & Mandarin