Old Gold Trail Tour, with Gold Panning
Travel by luxury vehicle with local guide while you follow in the footsteps of the incredible Gold Mining settlers who travelled to this region in search for Gold during the 1800’s. Join us on a journey like no other and discover the rich history from the famous Gold Rush era around Arrowtown and Central Otago. Touch and feel real Gold and take in a Gold Panning experience, you may even feel real Gold for yourself!
Sit back and relax as we take you on a journey of discovery with our unique Story Telling themed for the ultimate experience. Hear our stories hundreds of years old and be transported to a different time and place in our history. themed GPS headsets will bring your experience to life.
🇬🇧 Listen to a sample of our Audio Commentary
Historic Arrowtown, Kawarau Gorge, Gold Panning experience, Gold Mining Settlement. Hear the amazing stories from this era.
8.00am returns 12.00pm Daily (Allow 4 Hours)
- Experience historic gold machinery
- Travel by luxury vehicle
- Gold Panning Experience
- Touch & feel real gold from the Shotover River
- Accommodation Pickup & Drop Off
- Informative local guide with commentary
- Multilingual* GPS themed commentary with individual headsets
- Travel through award winning wine country
- Visit and spend time in the gold town Of Arrowtown
- Hear the untold stories of gold mining history in this area
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Morning tea provided
- Multilingual available = English, Spanish & Mandarin
Book Your Queenstown Expeditions Tour Now
Get Our Best Price When You Book Direct